InfoQ: What's new in Groovy 1.5?
My announcement of the release of Groovy 1.5 triggered the publication of an article that I wrote for InfoQ detailing the new features in this new release. If you want to know what it contains, I invite you to read my article on InfoQ: http://www.infoq.com/articles/groovy-1.5-new
And if you want to know a bit more about the Groovy language history, or about my reasons to be part of this project, or if you want to know more about the founders behind G2One, the Groovy and Grails company, here are a few pointers you may be interested in:
- Interview of Guillaume Laforge at QCon 2007, in March, in London
- G2One’s team interview on JavaLobby
- A recent interview of me by the excellent Geertjan Wielenga from Sun on JavaLobby, who asked very good questions.
Let me give you a few other interesting pointers to presentations I’ve given recently:
- My keynote on Groovy at the Grails eXchange conference in London (slides)
- A talk on Domain-Specific Languages in Groovy, also given at the Grails eXchange conference
- I’ve also given a talk on Groovy and one on Grails at the Irish Java Technology Conference in Dublin. This was the first conference of this new conference series, and for a start, that was really wonderful, well organized, with a nice lineup of speakers. Kudos to the organizers.
And next week, I’ll be at JavaPolis with Dierk Koenig to present a general session on what’s new in Groovy 1.5, and a BOF on the cool things you can do with Groovy. I’ll be happy to meet you there if you’re attending JavaPolis!