Groovy Weekly #7
- Ratpack 0.9.1 is released, with performance and memory consumption improvements, as well as an RxJava module
- John Engelman releases version 2.0.0 of the Grails-Gradle plugin
- Cédric Champeau created a Gradle plugin for JBake, to be able to render static web sites as part of your Gradle build
- Release of an update to the Grails Api Toolkit plugin helping build API with REST, RPC and HATEOAS support
- The Groovy style guide shared by Guillaume Laforge echoing a conversation on Twitter about the bad practice of putting def everywhere
- Cédric Champeau details how to create your own static blog with JBake, Gradle and Github
- An article on Groovy Memoization by Brendon Anderson
- Why is Groovy groovy?
- Burt Beckwith offers one more approach for diagnosing spring-security-core login errors
- André Steingreß covers the Grails Audit plugin
- André Steingreß is covering Grails testing with Cucumber
- Following up on his previous post, André Steingreß continues his Grails testing with Cucumber
- Jochen Theodorou explains what class duplication is and how it happens
- Testing Grails with Cucumber, HTTPBuilder, and RemoteControl
- Ken Kousen plays with Groovy’s date support
- Hubert Klein Ikkink shares some tips about cleaning up your Grails projects
- Following up on MrHaki’s Grails clean-up tip, André Steingreß offers his own Grails tip for cleaning up everything in a single rm command
- Michael Scharhag blogs about using database views in Grails
- A tutorial on developing a Grails application with Facebook Connect
- A broad stroke overview of Grails web app development framework
- Hubert Klein Ikkink, alias MrHaki, presented Getting Groovy, at GR8Conf Europe 2013.
- Ken Kousen advises Java developers how to do similar tasks in Groovy: building and testing applications, accessing both relational and NoSQL databases, accessing web services, and more.
- At GR8Conf US 2013, Craig Atkinson presents the advantages of using the Geb functional testing library for creating robust and readable tests with both JUnit and Spock, and configuring Geb for testing across multiple browsers.
- Recorded at GR8Conf US 2013, Kyle Boon reviews 3 frameworks for building RESTful WS (Grails, Dropwizard and Ratpack), comparing their code readability, maintainability, deployment, metrics collection, scalability and testability.
- At SpringOne2GX 2013, Joe Rinehart discusses some of the essential security topics for Grails (and Java) Web applications, showing how Grails can make life easier and the pitfalls of attempting to secure highly dynamic code.
- Ryan Vanderwerf explains setting up Terracotta and clustering a Grails application using Ehcache, HTTP Session in Tomcat, and Quartz. Recorded at GR8Conf US 2013.
- Dinko Srkoč announces the birth of his stream extension to Groovy’s Sql facility (potentially to be included in Groovy)
- Tim Yates is trying to implement Groovy’s collate() method with Java 8 streams and lambdas.
- Tim Yates offers a little sample showing how to display a little spinner icon in text mode for long running tasks
- Cédric Champeau lobbies for having the normal “groovy” JAR to also “jarjar” the mandatory basic dependencies of ASM, Antlr and Commons-CLI, like with the Groovy all JAR. You can vote for that JIRA issue.
- Andrés Almiray tweets his desire to see a Gradle portal plugin soon
- Dierk König tweets about Groovy being for getting things done rather than for showing off!
- groovy.io are looking for sponsors for their upcoming hackathon
- The Grain static site generator introduces dynamic rendering anywhere
- Grails provides a command to generate a zip file to attach to a JIRA issue if you need to file a bug report with a reproducible problem
- Gradle 1.11-rc1 is available through GVM
- The Grails force-ssl plugin adds an @SSLRequired annotation
- Dan Woods published a new plugin for Grails for simplifying & streamlining the implementation of RESTful renderers
- Week 5 of the Grails diary by Jacob Aae Mikkelsen