Groovy Weekly #66
We’re only mid April but what a year it’s been so far! From Groovy & Grails’ loss of funding, leading Grails to a new home at Object Computing Inc. and Groovy at the Apache Software Foundation, to Guillaume Laforge joining Restlet and Cédric joining GradleWare. Against all odds, Groovy released its 2.4 version with the Android support, and the big 3.0 release of Grails saw the light of day. And on another personal note… I’ve finished my first marathon! What’s next for the rest of the year?
With the Greach conference just over, there’s a lot of great and groovy content available in the presentations section! Take your time to have a look at this impressive lineup and interesting material.
Speaking of conferences, rush to buy early bird tickets for GR8Conf Europe! You only have till tomorrow!
As in the previous edition, I’d like to remind you about the following infrastructure changes, as we move the Groovy project through the incubation process at Apache: the JIRA issue tracker has moved, and don’t forget that the Groovy mailing-lists are also moving.
- Spock Subjects Collaborators Extension 1.1.0 released by Marcin Grzejszczak
- Document Builder 0.3.1 released by Craig Burke with spacing and positioning fixes
- Gretty 1.2.1 released with WebSocket support
- Ken Kousen writes about kicking AST and taking names
- MrHaki’s Greach conference report
- Jochen Theodorou on being a paid OSS developer for Groovy
- Grails has a new home at OCI
- Cédric Champeau interviewed by Voxxed during the Devoxx France conference: “Groovy is everybody’s language to evolve”
- If you or your company is interested in helping or taking over the development of the Groovy Eclipse plugin, please tell us!
- Devoxx France 2015
- Guillaume Laforge presented Groovy with Style
- Cédric Champeau, Guillaume Laforge and Frédéric Simon from JFrog presented the Groovy release process
- Take control of your build with Gradle plugins, presented at Devoxx France 2015 by Cédric Champeau and Eyal Lezmy
- Greach Conference
- GrooScript in action at Greach by Jorge Franco Leza
- Overview of the Groovy AST Transformers: More than meets the eye! by Iván López at Greach 2015
- Markus Schlichting brought documentation to life with Asciidoctor and Gradle
- Burt Beckwith hacks the Grails Spring Security 2.0 plugin
- Russel Winder talked about GPars remoting and shares his slides and associated code, at Greach Conference
- Alonso Torres talked about Decathlon Sport Meeting application based on Grails
- Use Groovy and Grails in your Spring Boot projects by Fátima Casaú at Greach 2015
- MrHaki shares the code of his Greach conference Grails Goodness talk
- Jeff Beck on Cassandra and Grails
- Securing Ratpack by Jeff Beck
- Jenn Strater on no nonsense NoSQL
- Jenn Strater guided a discussion about teaching and diversity in the Groovy community
- Marco Vermeulen on GVM
- DSL’ing your Groovy by Alonso Torres
- Infrastructure automation with Gradle and Puppet by Andrey Adamovich
- Steve Pember covers Groovy options for reactive applications
- Idiomatic Gradle plugin writing by Schalk Cronjé at Greach 2015
- Henrique Lobo presented about how to obtain high productivity and quality with Groovy and Grails (in Portuguese)
- Behaviour Driven Development with Cucumber, Groovy and Grails by Marco Vermeulen, recorded at SpringOne2GX 2014
- The Grails Framework is announcing having found a new home at OCI
- A cool Groovy T-Shirt at Greach conference
- Schalk Cronjé draws GrooScript in a nutshell
- Schalk Cronjé draws GVM in a nutshell from Marco Vermeulen Greach presentation
- Iván López says that only the “real” developers create AST transformations using emacs
- A new GVM logo in the works by Alexander Klein?
- Andrey Hihlovskiy on the pain of Java’s parentheses and semicolons as the opposite of syntax sugar
- Jonas Havers is impressed with Groovy’s Markup Template Engine in combination with Spring Boot
- The Groovy boys and JFrog are making the show on stage at Devoxx France 2015
- Groovy podcast episode 10 is available
- John Engelman shares a Gradle tip on how to apply a custom plugin on its own project
- Tim Yates mixes the Document Builder and his ASCII image generator
- Fernando Redondo shares the code of his Greach Spock workshop
- Object Computing is looking for Groovy developers in Saint-Louis, USA
- GR8Conf Europe early bird tickets ending on Wednesday, be fast!
- A new Grails event in Azerbaijan
- Tomas Lin collected the links to the slides and code of all the Greach 2015 conference presentations
- Browse the Greach 2015 conference pictures
Groovy Weekly #65