Groovy Weekly #21
Now that Groovy 2.3.0 is out, it’s going to be Grails turn! Graeme announced a release candidate for Grails 2.4, so take your chance to test drive it to make Grails 2.4 an awesome release!
Last but not least, you still have two weeks to buy your tickets for the GR8Conf Europe 2014!
- Graeme Rocher announces the release of Grails 2.4 RC1 with Groovy 2.3 and Spring Framework 4.0.4
- Version 0.5 of Grooscript released with Groovy 2.3 traits support
- Martin Lippert announces the release of Groovy / Grails Tool Suite 3.5.1 with support for Grails 2.3.8 and Groovy 2.3.0
- JBake 2.3.0 is out with Groovy and Thymeleaf template support
- Benjamin Muschko releases a Gradle Docker plugin using the remote API for managing images and containers
- Gretty 0.0.16 is out, the advanced Gradle plugin for running webapps on Jetty
- InfoWorld’s Paul Krill interviewed Guillaume Laforge about the release of Groovy 2.3.0
- Adoption of the (groovy-based) Job DSL plugin (for Jenkins) at Netflix
- Second part of the Gradle Workshop by Peter Niederwieser from the Gradle Summit 2013
- Trisha Gee demoes building a web application using Java, HTML5, Angular.js, Mongo.DB, Groovy and microservices in one hour.
- Announcement of the Groovy 2.3.0 release on the Spring.IO blog
- Gradle tip for how to attach a debugger
- An article on Groovy DSLs with the help of closures and delegates by Alex Staveley
- Spring integration testing with Spock by Jakub Kubrynski
- An update on the Groovy Light Table client
- Cédric Champeau shows an example of improved composition using fragments and the Markup Template Engine
- Video of the Groovy Podcast episode 1 by Peter Ledbrook
- Peter Ledbrook also published the audio of the Groovy podcast
- The interviews recorded at Greach 2014 are now subtitled
- Rob Fletcher calls to action to vote for the traits support in IntelliJ IDEA
- The Grails mailing-lists from Codehaus are closing, announced Jeff Brown. Technical questions will be headed to StackOverflow, whereas a dedicated Google Group is being created for general discussions and announcements
- Ryan Vanderwerf shares a little preview of the “Getting Groovy with Lego Mindstorms EV3” workshop at the upcoming GR8Conf Europe 2014
- Robert Fisher proposes the Gradle License plugin to generate a report of the licenses of the dependencies used in your project
- A startup in Paris, France, is looking for a Grails developer
- The SpringOne2GX 2014 conference in Dallas has published most of its agenda
- Two weeks left to get your GR8Conf Europe ticket!
- Meet the GR8Conf Europe team
Groovy Weekly #20
Groovy Weekly #20