Groovy Weekly #38
Here’s a short column this week, a bit in advance, as I’m flying to JavaOne tomorrow to spread the Groovy truth!
- MrHaki’s Gradle Goodness: running Groovy scripts as application
- The reason the internet was invented or cat pictures for the win, by Ken Kousen, sprinkled with bits of Groovy JSON and Swing code
- Andrés Almiray’s Gradle Glam on features that would benefit the Gradle community
- Jorge Martin on the inception and the Groovy Swiss Knife library for Android and the problems encountered with Android Studio’s Groovy support
- Guillaume Laforge presented on Groovy on Android at DroidCon Paris 2014
- Robert Fletcher noticed IntelliJ IDEA’s clever capability of properly renaming closures it parameter
- Java’s Duke is looking pretty Groovy at JavaOne!
- Groovy 2.3.7 is available on GVM
- A pretty Groovy book!
- Jon DeJong makes Groovy strongly typed by hitting the keys harder when coding!
- New component selection and replacement rules for upcoming Gradle 2.2
- Robert Guerra shows a screenshot of deployment of Ratpack with Java 8 on Heroku
- Cédric Champeau shows a fun snippet of code using metaprogramming to let Groovy be pretty tolerant to typos in method names