Groovy Weekly #50
Lots among us are celebrating Christmas this week, and Groovy Weekly is happy to wish you all a Merry Christmas! And there’s also an anniversary, as it’s been one year that Groovy Weekly was launched, with the first edition on December 24th (hence my excuse to publish this column on Wednesday 24th instead of on Tuesday as usual)!
For Christmas, the Groovy team decided to release a first release candidate for Groovy 2.4, as well as a Groovy 2.3.9 update.
Did you see this little guerrilla marketing campaign by Guillaume Laforge to encourage you all to make Groovy trendy by starring Groovy on Github?
Thanks for helping us spread the word!
And last news item of the week, Groovy Weekly is being translated in Italian!
- Groovy 2.4-rc-1 released!
- Groovy 2.3.9 released
- gServ, a new micro-service inspired, container-less tool to deploy Groovy REST services
- Lazybones Gradle plugin v1.2.3
- Groovy VFS 1.0 Beta 2
- Groovy-Stream v0.9 with new repeat methods
- Grails domain classes and special presentation requirements by Ted Vinke
- A lightweight release process to Maven Central with Gradle, TravisCI, Bintray
- An introduction to Spock in French
- MrHaki’s Gradle Goodness: rename Ant task names when importing Ant build files
- Iván López’ impressions of the Groovy Grails eXchange conference
- Groovy annotations for logging by Neetesh Bhardwaj
- Grails performance optimization with the unique constraint by Deepak Kumar Mittal
- Groovy in the light of Java 8 by Guillaume Laforge at Devoxx 2014 (Parleys subscription required)
- A Gradle for Android webcast by Ken Kousen on O’Reilly
- Julien Viet announces a preview of Vert.x 3 (Groovy language support included)
- The Groovy Weekly now in Italian, thanks to Giuliano Lo Iacono!
- Grails Diary week 51 by Jacob Aae Mikkelsen
- The new repeat method in Groovy-stream helps generate the fizz-buzz sequence without the need of conditionals
- Star the Groovy project on Github asks Guillaume Laforge!
- Jeff Brown calls for help to test drive the Groovy 2.4 release candidate!
- Jörg Prante finds Groovy so much fun that he embeds Ratpack in an ElasticSearch plugin
- New documentation on how to use Jackson in Ratpack
- The Grain static site generator releases a company website theme with a blog included
- Chris Earle reminds us that ElasticSearch’s Groovy client has been updated with full compatibility for ElasticSearch 1.4.2
- Eugene Kamenev enjoys the greater Groovy support in Android Studio
- Greg Williams believes Groovy will become the Swift for Android
- Peter Ledbrook added documentation on the config command of Lazybones
- Lazybones 0.8 available on GVM
- Groovy 2.3.9 available on GVM
- Iván López is having fun with Groovy on Android
- GrooScript added Continous Integration thanks to SnapCI
- Cédric Champeau found a comic strip with a hand G sign for top geekery… and with a Groovy t-shirt!
- The JFrog Bintray team’s been helping the Groovy team with deployment and release issues, thanks guys!
- Groovy 2.4-rc-1 available on GVM
- JITWatch now has Groovy support announced Chris Newland
Groovy Weekly #49
Groovy Weekly #49