Groovy Weekly #53
The Groovy development team released the second release candidate of Groovy 2.4, please be sure to check your applications with this version and report any issue you may be finding, so that we can all ensure 2.4 is a rock-solid release.
Note the publication of MrHaki’s Gradle Goodness Notebook! If you’re using Gradle, this is worth the investment to have that resource handy for mastering your build automation.
- Groovy 2.4 second release candidate, please help testing it!
- Spring Boot 1.2.1 released
- The Windows installer for Groovy 2.3.9 is available
- Grooscript Gradle plugin 0.9 released
- Groovy Android library SwissKnife 1.2 released with @Parcelable transformation
- Jochen “Blackdrag” Theodorou behind the scenes of bytecode optimizations for improving array access performance
- Doug Borg describes what makes a good build.gradle
- Reinout Korbee writes about running your Antlr DSL as a Groovy script
- Some Groovy magic by Erwan Arzur
- Preventing naming collisions in Grails by Albert van Veen
- Bertrand Goetzman shows how to display data coming from REST with DataFX / JavaFX and Ratpack (article in French)
- Robert McIntosh on Grails with a billion record Mongo collection
- Peter Ledbrook on Groovy in the light of Java 8
- Feedback from GrailsConf in India by Amit Jain
- Dan Woods will be speaking about Ratpack online during an O’Reilly webinar
- Groovy in 2014 and beyond by Guillaume Laforge at SpringOne2GX 2014
- Making Spring Boot even groovier by Graeme Rocher at SpringOne2GX 2014
- Slides form “Demystifying Gradle DSL” presented at GrailsConf 2015, New Delhi
- Guillaume Laforge interviewed at Devoxx 2014 about what makes Groovy the Swift of the Android world
- MrHaki publishes the Gradle Goodness Notebook
- Marco Vermeulen enjoys the terrific section on writing nested Gradle plugin extension DSLs in Tim Berglund’s Gradle beyond the basics book
- Jacob Aae Mikkelsen Grails Diary
- Testatoo, a web user interface testing tool with a Groovy DSL
- A debate about JVM application installers with Gradle and more
- Iván Lopez participates in the Spring Boot book contest with a full Groovy solution! Star the project to make it win!
- Dan Woods shares some examples of standalone Ratpack 0.9.13
- Guillaume Laforge celebrated the 1000th star on Github for Groovy, keep on spreading the word and double that number!
- Groovy Weekly released its 2000th news item last week!
- Ratpack is teasing that the next release is going to be a big “one”
- Groovy 2.4.0-rc-2 available through GVM
- Cédric Champeau asks the twittosphere what they’d like to see him speak about at GR8Conf
- Andrew Reitz managed to get Spock tests running on Android
- Vishal Savajiani claims Groovy is a powerful language! For the Internet of Things, for the Cloud, and more.
- The Groovy Android library SwissKnife is ready for Groovy 2.4, reports Eugene Kamenev
- Mike Milinkovich is excited to see Gradleware bringing first-class Gradle support to Eclipse
- Iván López demonstrates you can be a full stack developer using only Groovy with a concrete example
- Spring Boot is ready for Groovy 2.4 announces Andy Wilkinson
- Dan Woods compares the performance of Ratpack with Vert.x
- Groovy at DevNexus, with an epic keynote with the Groovy puzzlers and a Groovy workshop, by the JFrog team
- The Greach Call for Paper is closing in 10 days, get ready!
- Last week for the GR8Conf Call for Paper, hurry up!
- Cédric Champeau will speak about Groovy at Niort for the Poitou-Charentes JUG on January 20th
- Greach announces its first accepted speakers: Russel Winder
- Only 2 days left for the early bird tickets for Greach
- Dan Woods will be speaking at Greach about Ratpack
- Another speaker announced for Greach with MrHaki
- GR8Conf US announces multiple tracks for the workshop day
Groovy Weekly #52
Groovy Weekly #52