Groovy Weekly #58
The past week’s been pretty calm, in terms of news, but a few of them really stood out.
Netflix again leverages Groovy for scripting its user experience API (additional coverage following last week’s announcement).
The Gradleware team delivered Gradle 2.3! Congrats guys!
And closer to home, a very important discussion about moving Groovy into a foundation has started, inviting members and representatives of different foundations to join and offer their views and experience on the matter.
- Gradle 2.3 released
- Gradle 2.3-rc-3 is ready for testing
- Spock-reports 1.2.4 released
- gServ 0.9.6 released, a Groovy-based container-less REST framework
- GBench 0.4.3 released
- A Forbes article explains how a Netflix innovation unleash the creativity in their business, thanks to Nicobar, their Groovy based scripting solution
- Jaxenter on the ongoing discussion about moving the Groovy project to a foundation
- Masato Nagai benchmarks Groovy’s as operator between Groovy 2.3 and 2.4, using GBench
- Jeff Beck writes about Grails integration testing of complex transactions
- Getting started with Android development using Groovy 2.4 and Android Studio
- Releasing a project to Maven Central with Gradle by John McClean
- Geb and Gradle rules by Dave Smith
- Gradle rules by Dave Smith
- An important discussion on moving Groovy to a foundation
- Cédric Champeau becomes a JavaOne rock star thanks to his excellent presentation on rethinking APIs with traits during JavaOne 2014
- Duncan Dickinson launches his Groovy 2 tutorial series, with 4 tutorials on getting started, variables, operators, and control flow statements
- You can vote for an improvement to let Gradle-built IntelliJ IDEA projects support clickable source code files from the output window
- Grails Diary Week 7 of 2015 by Jacob Aae Mikkelsen
- Cédric Champeau calls for feedback and seeks advice on the idea of moving Groovy to a foundation
- Andrés Almiray publishes the first Griffon tutorial for the next iteration of the Griffon website
- The GVM vendor API is now in a dev environment
- GrooScript updated its groovy ecosystem frameworks page
- The JFrog crew earned a JavaOne Rock Star title thanks to their Groovy puzzlers talk
- Gradle 2.3 available through GVM
- The Groovy puzzlers guys are looking for new Groovy puzzlers for their second season!
- Tim Yates and Cédric Champeau are playing Groovy code golf on Fibonacci
- Tim Yates shares some snippets combining Groovy and GroovyFX
- Episode 48 of the JavaPubHouse is about using Groovy and Gradle for Java projects
- Iván López will be speaking about being a full-stack Groovy developer at the Spring.IO conference
- Marco Vermeulen notes that SpringOne2GX keeps its 2GX suffix and that the CFP is open
- Craig Burke will be talking about Angular.JS in a Groovy world at GR8Conf US
Groovy Weekly #57
Groovy Weekly #57