Groovy Weekly #24
Direct live from GR8Conf Europe!
Several speakers already uploaded their presentation slides, as you shall see in the “presentations” sections. And the videos will be available later after the conference.
At the same time in San Francisco, Apple is running its WWDC conference and announced the creation of a new language, Swift, that looks a lot like Groovy as several Groovy users have already noticed on Twitter. That’s nice to see Groovy also influences other languages!
- Guillaume Laforge announces the Groovy 2.3.2 bug-fix release
- CRaSH, the JVM shell, updated its Grails integration
- GrooScript 0.5.1 with some bug fixes
- Spring Tool Suite & Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.6.0.M1: with Groovy 2.3, Grails 2.4, and Gradle tooling
- Version 0.0.1.6 of sGVM has been released, adding support for Glide
- Ratpack 0.9.5 is available
- GroovyFX 0.4.0 released
- Marco Vermeulen released v0.5.6 of the GVM SDK
- Guillaume Laforge shows the similitudes between Groovy and Apple’s Swift new programming language for iOS
- Cédric Champeau writes about how to use Groovy 2.3’s new markup template engine in Spring Boot
- Alex Staveley shares a Grails tip about how to refactor your URLs
- Tomás Lin’s Spring Boot recipe: reading and validating lists of configuration properties
- MrHaki shares the notes and slides of his Groovy introduction workshop at GR8Conf Europe
- Álvaro Sánchez-Mariscal published his GR8Conf Europe presentation on creating restful APIs with Grails and Spring Security
- If you fancy some French, Guillaume Laforge’s presentation on what makes Groovy groovy is online on Parleys
- Andrés Almiray shares his Groovy Ecosystem presentation from GR8Conf Europe
- Ryan Vanderwerf put online his Groovy + Lego mindstorms slides and samples from GR8Conf Europe
- Robert Fletcher talked about hybrid views with Grails at GR8Conf Europe
- At GR8Conf Europe, Benoit Hédiard presented about Lean Startup, DevOps with Grails and Amazon Web Services
- Cédric Champeau notes that JDK 7u60 is eventually the first JDK 7 update release with correct invoke dynamic support
- Groovy Podcast, episode 2, by Peter Ledbrook, and the GR8Ladies
- Jon Brisbin launched the new Reactor website
- Gradleware’s May newsletter
- The Ratpack project shares a possible contribution, for implementing a redirect() method for chains
- Russell Hart is showing how to use Hystrix in Ratpack applications
- Kenneth Endfinger gives examples of the Groovy spread operator
- Pieter Niederwieser notes that Apple’s new programming language, Swift, looks a lot like Groovy
- Groovy mentioned during the Apple presentations about Swift, their new programming language
- During his GR8Conf Europe keynote, Guillaume Laforge started with a little comparison between Apple’s Swift and Groovy
- Guillaume Laforge updated the Groovy Web Console with Groovy 2.3.2 (including traits, etc), and latest Gaelyk and App Engine SDK
- Graeme Rocher is working on a proof of concept of Grails 3.0 on top of Spring Boot
- Groovy 2.3.2 is available on GVM
- The GR8Conf europe official beers!
- New location for Gretty documentation (the Jetty Gradle plugin), generated with JBake and Asciidoctor
- An ecstatic tweet by Omar Khan on how beautiful Groovy is, and how awesome Grails is
- More integration between Ratpack and Reactor
- gHipster is a version of the jjipster Spring Boot framework that uses Gradle instead of Maven. Also Spock.
- but jhipster is actually adding Gradle support
- Visualize your Gradle project dependencies graphically with the Light Table Groovy plugin
- Spring Boot 1.1.0 RC 1 is available on GVM
- Andrés Almiray published pictures of the GR8Conf Hackergarten
- The great Groovy and Grails Goodness books from MrHaki are half the price during GR8Conf Europe!
- Today only, there’s 50% off Gradle in Action
- The GR8Conf US crew is tweeting about the interesting talks we’ll get to see in Minneapolis this summer